We Are Hiring!
Read below or download here to learn more about the position.
Manager, Client and Housing Services
This position works closely with the Senior Manager, Client Services to provide supportive services across a broad range of client needs including, but not limited to assistance in accessing mainstream benefits, referrals/links to service provider agencies, assistance in completing applications for services offered by LCSC and other organizations serving residents of Cuyahoga County. Additionally, this newly created position has oversight of HUD-funded homelessness prevention programs to ensure that all HUD eligibility requirements are met and are appropriately documented.
Essential Job Functions – Client Services
- Responds to all requests for assistance and/or for information in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists clients in completing applications for services – both those offered by LCSC and by other community providers.
- Stays current with assistance programs offered throughout the county to ensure appropriate referrals.
- Works cooperatively with the Senior Manager, Client Services to identify and solve client issues.
- Maintains positive working relationships with service provider agencies to ensure positive client outcomes.
Essential Job Functions – Housing Services
- Processes/reviews applications for rental assistance to ensure applicants meet program income, housing status requirements.
- Ensures inspection appointments are scheduled with the landlord to assure rental units meet HUD’s habitability standards and visual lead-based paint requirements as necessary.
- Handles sensitive communication with clients/landlords/social service agencies regarding application process and tenancy.
- Oversight of data entry into Clarity, the county’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); preparation of reports to the City of Lakewood and to the Office of Homeless Services as required.
- Oversight of data entry into LCSC’s proprietary Access client database
- Oversight of all program documentation as required by HUD.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social services
- LSW (LISW preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a human services environment; supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of currently available community resources
- Knowledge of relevant laws and government regulations including Fair Housing, HIPPA, Landlord/Tenant law
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn/work in Clarity.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Skills in organizing, especially with data and documentation.
- Ability to work well with individuals’ diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work cooperatively with Senior Manager, Client Services and all LCSC staff and community partners
- Compassionate and empathy towards program participants
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- LCSC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and their families
- Participation in 401K program with agency match
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Trish Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakewood Community Services Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for and thrive on inclusivity and are committed to creating a diverse workplace with a shared mission of reducing hunger, preventing homelessness, and providing access to mental and behavioral health services.